You will support the sales department with practical demonstrations and your specialist technical knowledge at customer sites during the introduction of our Multidec products (tools for Swiss type lathes) in the North American market. In order to reinforce our representation in the USA, we are looking for a full-time Field Application Engineer (m/f) for our Westfield, Massachusetts (USA) location, immediately or by arrangement.
Your main duties
- Looking after customers during the project phase and providing technical support for the projects
- Starting up the project solution at the customer’s
- Cutting process optimisation at the customer’s based on his target specifications
- Testing of prototypes, pilot series and standard products in third party companies or in house
- Training of technical employees at the company's representatives so that they are able to solve basic cutting problems at the customer’s themselves
- Dealing with customer complaints, working out solution proposals and implementing them at the customer’s
- Completed technical vocational training in the mechanical engineering area
- Cutting experience in the Swiss type lathe area and production
- You are able to think and act in a business-like way and have a “hands on” mentality.
- Native language German or French and good written and spoken English.
- Willingness to centre your life around the USA for 2 years.
- Willingness to spend 80% of your time travelling in the USA.
We are offering a responsible, challenging job in a dynamic Swiss traditional company with a modern infrastructure. You will be employed in accordance with Swiss employment law.
Are you interested, and does this challenge appeal to you? If so, please send us your full application documents by e-mail to Mr. Marco Boss (email@example.com). We are looking forward to meeting you.